Sunday, January 31, 2016

WRW2016 - Chester's Chophouse

My second choice for Wichita Restaurant Week was Chester's Chophouse Wine and Bar, located on the beloved Waterfront.  Everything you have probably heard about this restaurant is true... it is pricey, it is freshly prepared, it does have a bit of a cold shoulder atmosphere, and it does mainly have a male clientele base.

Now with all of that said, none of that is negative in my eyes.  I don't mind paying top dollar for excellent food and service.  I like wait staff that knows not to interrupt my dining and conversation with unnecessary questions.  And I'm a woman, so the more men dining around me, the better!  Lol....

A friend and I arrived later on Monday evening to give the restaurant a go.  I had been twice before several years back, but my friend had never been.  Upon arrival, I mentioned the front doors.  It's one of my favorite things about this place.... large front doors.  Okay, okay...  on to the meal.

Our server was pleasant and let us know about all of the specials.  We started off with the recommended appetizer of shrimp cocktail, marinated in a lovely sauce and brought to us in a beautiful vessel.  We were encouraged to dump the appetizer on the plate provided so we could taste everything together.  My friend enjoyed it more than I did.  I prefer a classic shrimp cocktail.

I encouraged my friend to get a steak as I remembered the steaks were excellent and cooked to perfection.  He ordered the 12 oz New York Strip.  It was accompanied by three different sauces for dipping.  The sides chosen were asparagus with feta cheese and the warm German potatoes.

I had the recommended tilefish with risotto.  Delicious! I couldn't eat all of my meal and I wanted to make sure I had dessert.  We chose the creme brulee pie.  I was hoping it would be warm, but it came out cold and full of fruit.  Still good.


Asparagus with Feta


German Potatoes


New York Strip Steak


Slice of Creme Brulee Pie


Creme Brulee Pie


Tilefish and risotto

The dinner was good, the conversation and company even better.  Prices are a little steep, so be prepared to pay.  I wouldn't normally come here for a steak as I can grill a better one myself.  Also, if you are a woman, just know there are a lot of men who meet here for dinner.  So..... enjoy!

Up next... The Hungry Heart!


Chesters Chophouse & Wine Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment