Wednesday, January 27, 2016

WRW2016 - Olive Tree

Wichita Restaurant Week..... ahhhhhh.

Not sure where I have been the past few years for WRW, but this year I decided to try as many restaurants as I could.  The plan this year was to eat at places I have never been or have not dined at for several years.

I am also happy the community has a way to work together in giving back.  I love how this is helping the Boys and Girls Clubs of South Central Kansas.

I started on Sunday with the brunch at Olive Tree.  Olive Tree is located at 2949 N. Rock Rd (29th and Rock) and I believe is the former Piccadilly Grill.  This restaurant mainly does banquets and catering now, but they do a pretty decent brunch buffet.  For $17, we had choices from fresh pastries, salads, made-to-order omelets, a variety of entrees and side dishes, breakfast items, a dessert bar, fresh fruit and cheeses and a good selection of drinks and flavored coffees.  It's definitely worth the money if you can eat all that is offered.

The buffet itself reminded me of a mini Vegas style buffet, with each food category having its own table or hot bar.


Fresh fruit with a variety of meats and cheeses


Hot bar with breakfast and lunch items


Cold Lebanese table with delicious bits


My first plate.... breakfast to start!

All of the food was at the right temperature and looked appealing.  We couldn't try all of it.  There was just way too much to choose from!

They had a chef on hand to make omelets to order and there were several other items to choose from.  There was a bread table with lovely pastries and rolls, a full table with hot entrees and an entire dessert table with lovely sweets.

It was definitely worth the time and money.  Our server was nice and our drink glasses stayed full.  I never had to wait for my decaf coffee to be refilled.

So if you are looking for a great brunch buffet, please try the Olive Tree.  I know we will be back again!

Up next...  Chester's Chophouse. Piccadilly Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment