Friday, February 19, 2010

Bella Luna Cafe

I am a follower of Zomato. I love going to this site and finding great places to try while traveling or just staying in and around Wichita. I printed the Top 100 restaurants in Wichita and decided to give some of them a go.

Last night's choice was the #1 ranked Bella Luna Cafe. We decided to try the Bradley Fair location. It was a good experience. I have eaten here before, but my boyfriend has not. We got the hummus to start off with. It usually comes with soft pita and pita chips. There were hardly any pita chips on the plate, so I picked at those while the BF chose the soft pita. The hummus is decent here.

I always get the special when dining in the evening. Last night's special was something called Seafood alla Creme? It was angel hair pasta with shrimp, scallops and a mushroom creme sauce. It's one of those dishes that has so many ingredients in it, you wonder if they were cleaning out the frig and pantry. I am talking about broccoli, squash, asparagus, mushrooms, onions, shrimp and scallops. I am sure a few ingredients didn't make the list, but were in this delicious dish. And it was GOOD. The flavors were excellent, creamy with a hint of some kick. I do have to say the pasta and scallops were overcooked. These are two ingredients that will overcook easily if you are not careful.

We had iced tea with our meal. The prices for soft drinks and beverages are always highest in Wichita. They tend to range from $2.10 to $2.50. Our tea was $2.50. Redonkulous, right?

Our server, Jeff, was great. He took really good care of us. One of the most important qualities for a restaurant to have besides quality food, is great service. Good service keeps business coming back through that front door. With so much competition out there for the customers' dollar, good service is essential in order to be successful.

I don't know if I would rank this restaurant as #1, but I plan on adventuring out and trying all of what Wichita has to offer. I'll let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment