Friday, February 26, 2010

Granite City (West Location)

So today we ventured to the west side of Wichita for some lunch dining action at Granite City. Actually, we were having a farewell dinner for our boss. The last time I ate here, it was an average visit.

This time around, the experience was much better. Service has gotten better, the food was great, and it was a nice atmosphere. I had the Chicken Salad on focaccia bread with mashed potatoes and a great side salad. The thousand island dressing had a zing to it and the mashed potatoes are red-skin and soooo yummy! The sandwich was a lunch portion and the chicken was creamy with scallions and baby mixed greens. The toasted focaccia bread is herbed and grilled just right. I also had iced tea (no lemon) to wash it all down. Very good lunch!

The server was great. I always enjoy servers responding with "my pleasure" after you thank them. It really makes you feel good. I hate it when people say "no problem".

Lunch was absolutely delightful and I was definitely pleased this time around. It seems the restaurant has made some improvements. I have also been told the beer is great here, although I have never tried it. The Sunday brunch is very tasty, but come early so you can avoid the crowded line.

This location is on 2661 N. Maize Rd.

Click to add a blog post for Granite City Food & Brewery on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment