Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Love

Valentine's Day is one of the biggest celebrated holidays of the year in the United States. Wikipedia describes Valentine's Day as an annual holiday held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companions. Hmmm.. who would I consider my intimate companion? Well, perhaps not intimate, but a companion indeed would be my Sterling Silver rib eye I have marinating in the frig right now. Mmmhmmm. I am going to celebrate my LOVE for beef today.
If you are not familiar with Sterling Silver Meats, well, just visit their website. Better yet, just go to your local Dillons store and purchase a steak. You'll see. And smell. And taste. And savor. And wonder why you ever purchased an overpriced steak at a local restaurant on this day of love. Their beef consists of only the top 12% of all grain-fed beef cattle. In other words, the best of the best.

While at your local Dillons store, don't forget to purchase some of this. Daddy Hinkle's marinade is one of the best I have tried. The flavor is outstanding, if you're into marinades. The original is my absolute fav! Although Daddy Hinkle's is not a well known brand, it beats the best of them. No need for any steak sauce after you have grilled your steak to perfection.

Tonight, I will have dinner with my one and only - a Sterling Silver rib eye, seasoned with Daddy Hinkle's, cooked to a perfect medium-rare on my Weber grill. I will then leave it to rest for only a short time, letting the juices do it's magic, relaxing the beef into a mouthwatering center of the plate. I will celebrate the love I have for food and ponder what Pope Gelasius I was thinking when he established this beautiful day. Hopefully food came into mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment