Saturday, April 17, 2010

Even Better Than Ever

I just can't get enough of the Outback Steakhouse on the West side of Wichita. I did give the East location a poor review on Zomato, but I stand by my words and decision.

I must tell you of the experience I had today at the West location. Folks, if you haven't been here lately, you MUST GO!

My son and I headed here for lunch, straight from the airport. We were famished! After watching Survivor this past week and seeing the villains enjoy a fabulous dinner from the Outback Steakhouse, I have been craving the thousand island dressing they make fresh.

They have transformed the inside and parts of the menu. The former somewhat "rugged" look has been replaced with lit wooden panels and soft hues of blues and greens to accent the room. This spectacular restaurant feels warmer, a more romantic feel than before. This remodel was definitely an upscale re-do with the same familiar and friendly staff.

After we were seated, our server offered us a sample of their new strawberry and peach fresca a la shot glass. It was cute and quite refreshing, but I ordered my usual iced tea w/o lemon ($2.29).

The bread was different, but had the same great flavor. Our salads ($2.50) came out on lovely new square plates. I would pay good money to get the recipe for that thousand island dressing recipe. It's made fresh daily and you can taste it!
















Outback is always known for their excellent steaks. Knowing that, I wanted to see if they could do seafood the same way. I chose the Norwegian Salmon. So glad I did! They actually know how to cook salmon to perfection. I paired the Norwegian Salmon ($13.95) with the grilled seasonal vegetables and a sweet baked potato.

Okay now, if you are Logan's or Texas Roadhouse, listen up!!!! Your baked sweet potatoes come in a far second place behind this Outback Steakhouse. Yumm! Perfect sweetness of brown sugar and melted butter plays tingly little notes on your tongue. Oh, joy!




The salmon was cooked to perfection on their wood fire grill, so flaky and flavorful. I love the fresh mix of vegetables on the side. It was the perfect combination.

Service was absolutely outstanding. Our server was Tyler W. He did a fantastic job. The store manager even visited our table twice to make sure everything was perfect. This restaurant is definitely customer first!

We love coming here and usually dine here a couple times a month. As I have said before, it's better out West!

Click to add a blog post for Outback Steakhouse on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment