Sunday, April 25, 2010

Salty, Greasy Goodness



We all know.... salt and grease are not good for me - or YOU. But the other day, I had the urge to eat something salty and greasy for lunch. I knew I wanted a cheeseburger, but couldn't decide where to go. What would you have done? It's like when you get that urge, that ridiculous food craving, and you just have to have it. Almost like when a woman is pregnant. Sooooo, I picked up the boyfriend and drove to Smashburger. This place rocks the salty, greasy, goodness!



I ordered the 1/3 pound mushroom swiss burger ($5.99) with guacamole (99 cents) and grilled onions (99 cents) added on. I also ordered a side of the fried pickles ($1.99) and a water to drink. Many have said this place is overpriced, but I would have to disagree. If you were to order the same burger and side in an actual restaurant with wait staff, you would pay the same amount. I mean, Outback Steakhouse isn't exactly charging the "$3.99 are you out of your mind!" meal deal. The price is just right here.

We sat out on the patio, enduring the strong Kansas wind. Whew! My basket wanted to move across the table right into my lap! The place was packed and the food totally hit the spot. That cheeseburger is just what I needed. The meat was hot, juicy, and the creamy guacamole smeared on the burger with the grilled onions and mushrooms was perfect and harmonious. The fried pickles were a little too salty, but the cool ranch dressing helped take the edge off.

I got my fix for salty, greasy goodness at Smashburger. Yumm!

Dear Anthony,
I know you hate the restaurant chains, but don't you ever have a food craving for something like this?

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried 5 Guys yet?? I think their burgers are even better than Smashburger. And I've been told to try the cajun fries there, but I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

    ReplyDelete