Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thanks Salina, KS

We met some friends for dinner in Salina this evening. When I was asked what restaurant, my response was "Something we don't have in Wichita." My friend chose Tucson's Steakhouse. This restaurant is located on South Ninth, right smack dab in the middle of construction. It was not hard to get to. The inside was pretty clean, with several big screen televisions to watch sports. It was kind of distracting to have. Some places I don't mind, but when I am meeting friends for dinner, the boyfriend has a tendency to tune out conversation and just watch the sports. Sigh.... what's a girl to do?

Anyway, I chose the Ribeye - 10 ounce cut ($17.49), with a side salad and baked sweet potato. I also ordered a side of grilled onions ($0.99). My usual drink was an iced tea with no lemon ($1.79).




The steak was cooked to a perfect medium-rare, almost medium. The side salad was average but was good with the warm, marble wheat bread. The sweet potato was fairly large, but almost undercooked. Overall, the meal was fine. It wasn't the best I have had at a steakhouse, but it was good. Our server (Sean) was nice and was accommodating, however, I only got one glass of iced tea and would have like another.

Of course the best part of eating here was to see our friends. They live in Omaha and I don't get to see them often unless it is a work-related meeting or conference. Salina was good to us this evening. Thanks Tucson's Steakhouse for a good meal away from home.

Click to add a blog post for Tucson's on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment